We are looking for a Head of Fundraising to join our team! We welcome applications from all experienced candidates who meet the candidate profile, regardless of location. Download the information pack here: Head of Fundraising Role August 2022.
Reporting to: The Chair of Trustees/ CEO
Remuneration: Dependent on experience, all applications welcome
Hours: 16 hours (2 days) per week to be worked flexibly
Contract Type: Freelancer / Self-employed
Location Flexible. We welcome experienced applicants from any location.
EduSpots is a UK and Ghanaian registered NGO which connects, trains and equips local volunteers to drive sustainable and transformative community-led change through education centres named ‘Spots’. Together, we are creating a movement of community-based educators.
Since 2016, through working with over 200 local volunteers, we have supported nearly 50 communities in creating community-led education centres named ‘Spots’, with an aim to move them towards our ‘Dream Spot Model’. Our Ghanaian team creates collaborative and innovative learning opportunities through our Ignite and Community Leadership in Development Programme alongside training to lead our EduLit & EduSTEM clubs, alongside locally designed education projects.
We won the Tes International Award in 2018 for the best UK international education project and in 2021 our Founder was a Finalist in The Varkey Foundation’s Global Teacher Prize, supported by UNESCO. Do visit www.eduspots.orgfor further information.
About this role
We are looking for an engaging and dynamic fundraising professional, with a proven track record of income generation, to take on this new role.
Reporting to the CEO/Chair, you will take on the responsibility for growing our income generation from trusts and foundations, as well as working with the team to consolidate our work with a strong network of partnerships with schools, corporates and individuals who will contribute effectively to our overall annual income targets. Working closely with our UK Finance Officer (Volunteer) you will oversee the management of our successful grants portfolio, ensuring tracking and monitoring spend, as well as providing comprehensive and timely reporting to funders.
This is an exciting and flexible opportunity for someone who is passionate about making a difference, and who can bring their extensive skills and experience to this small but far-reaching global education charity.
EduSpots is an equal opportunities employer and is also committed to the safeguarding of children & vulnerable adults. Appointment will be subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of this role are to:
Trust and Foundations
- Maximise income generation from trusts, foundations and other grant makers in order to meet income targets.
- Research and compile information on new trusts and foundations that fit with EduSpots’ work. Developing relationships with the new grant-makers and preparing information including requirements for application and deadlines.
- Maintain and develop ongoing relationships with existing grant-makers to maximise ongoing funding support.
- Develop and maintain our fundraising database to track and monitor applications, outcomes, reporting requirements etc.
- Work with the UK and Ghana team to identify projects, programmes and areas of work suitable for grant funding.
- Develop funding proposals and applications, working with the Chair and liaising with the UK and Ghana delivery team as required, in order to do this.
- Work with the Chair and wider team to compile reporting data that meets the requirements and deadlines of the funder.
- Building on the existing network, develop a strong network of income generating partnerships with corporates, schools and individuals who contribute to achieving our annual income targets.
- Identify, develop and promote sponsorship opportunities that are attractive to key partners and that achieve income generation for specific projects and programmes.
- Set up and develop our relationships database of donors and sponsors, ensuring information is accurately recorded and tracked.
- Oversee all communications with donors and sponsors to ensure sustained engagement with our work.
- Ensure all administrative tasks relating to the role are carried out accurately.
- To comply at all times with the organisation’s policies, procedures and performance expectations of staff as set out in the Staff and Volunteers Handbook.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required under the role.
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Proven track record of income generation – ideally in a similar education / international development organisation
- Experience of establishing and managing effective relationships with trusts, foundations and grant-makers
- Experience of developing and maintaining successful income generating partnerships ideally with corporates and / or schools
- Proven experience of writing compelling and successful funding proposals
- Experience of managing and reporting to funders and donors
- Ability to work effectively in a remote based role with minimal day-to-day support
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative and work to tight and competing deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage workload and prioritise tasks
- Good IT skills – Word, Excel
- Supportive of EduSpots key values and mission and a desire to contribute to a fairer global society.
- Experience of setting up and managing funder and donor databases
- Experience of working with communities in an international development context.
How to apply:
Please send your CV along with a tailored covering letter explaining your interest in EduSpots and how your skills, experience and attributes meet the criteria we are looking for.
Please send your application to Cat Davison, EduSpots Founder & Chair, by email to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: Monday 12th September 2022