EduSpots is looking for a creative, committed and energetic individual to take this role which will be key to storytelling, impact reporting and network-building across our growing EduSpots network!
If you think this might be you, please do apply or share with anyone who might be suitable!
Location: Tamale, Ghana
Reporting to: Ghana Country Team Coordinator
Remuneration: Subject to skills & experience, competitive
Hours: 3-5 days per week dependent on skills & appointed person’s availability
Apply asap and by Monday 20th September
Email your CV and a tailored cover letter explaining your interest in EduSpots and what you can bring to the role to Miss Cat Davison at email@example.com.
EduSpots is a global charity delivering community-led change through education. We work collaboratively across Ghana, the UK and wider Africa to enable individuals and communities to create the future they want to see through education.
Since 2015, we have created a network of 44 Spots or community-led libraries, delivering over 120,000 books to support 15,000 annual library users. Our flagship Community Leadership in Education programme aims to equip current volunteers with the understanding, skills and mindset to lead change in their communities through education.
We work with over 40 schools in the UK and Ghana who engage with the project through active citizenship education projects, and through our four online courses. We won the national Tes International Award sponsored by the British Council in 2018 for our innovative and impactful approach to global learning and citizenship education.
About this role
As we head into the next stage of our organisation’s development, we are looking to expand our team in Ghana with the appointment of a Communications & Media Officer. The role is flexible working between 3-5 days per week, with hours dependent on the skills & experience you can bring to the team. The post will be located at our co-sharing workspace in Tamale.
We are looking for an outstanding, dynamic and energetic individual who can bring their exceptional communications and media related skills and creative flair to our small but growing team. We need someone who can tell the EduSpots story to our supporters, and our wider audience, in a way that engages and enthuses people to be part of creating #OurCollectiveFuture.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of this role are to:
- Communicate our story creatively and effectively across our range of digital and social media platforms, working closely with the team and wider network of Spots to gather and collate stories that reflect our community impact and engagement.
- Raise the profile and awareness of EduSpots with a wide range of audiences.
- Write compelling and engaging content for various media platforms including our website, online blogs, newsletters, social media channels and print media.
- Help to strengthen our volunteer community, supporting and profiling the work of our volunteers across our network.
- Create and schedule daily social media content.
- Lead on the marketing and communications for key events and fundraising activities.
- Produce high quality design work including writing and producing posters, newsletters, impact assessment reports and annual reports.
- Produce video and film content (subject to skill-set)
- Provide other administrative support as required and as per time capacity allows.
Skills, Experience and Aptitude
- Proven experience in media, marketing, design, PR skills – Essential
- Outstanding writing & copywriting skills – Essential
- Qualification in media/marketing/PR – Desirable but not essential
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously – Essential
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a small diverse team – Essential
- Design skills – Essential
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms and website management – Essential
- Photography, Video or film media skills – Desirable
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time in consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of the role.
All posts are subject to safeguarding checks and procedures prior to appointment.
This word document also contains all the above information.