Title: Communications Design Coordinator
Location: Remote working
Reports to: Head of Communications
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Hours: 16 hours / week (ideally split across the week)
Applications close: Monday 30th October 2023
EduSpots is a UK and Ghanaian registered NGO which connects, trains, and equips local volunteers to drive sustainable community-led change through education centres named ‘Spots’. Together, we are creating a movement of community-based educators.
Since 2016, through working with over 300 local volunteers, we have supported nearly 50 communities in creating community-led education spaces (libraries) named ‘Spots’, with an aim to move them towards our ‘Dream Spot Model’ which engage an estimated 15,000 learners annually.
We work with volunteers to create collaborative and innovative learning opportunities through our Ignite Programme, which includes oversight of community led EcoSTEM, EduLit, EduKidz, and Ignite Girls clubs led by our community volunteers across multiple regions in Ghana, alongside wider leadership development programmes for volunteers.
We were a finalist for the Their World Innovation Prize in 2023, and in 2021 our Founder was a Finalist in The Varkey Foundation’s Global Teacher Prize, supported by UNESCO. Do visit www.eduspots.org for further information.
About this role
Line Manager: Head of Communications
The Communications Design Coordinator will play a vital role in helping to communicate EduSpots’ mission and vision to a wider range of stakeholders (volunteers, donors, supporters etc). The individual will be able to work independently to use their creativity and design skills to create visually appealing and informative materials, such as:
- Marketing materials e.g. brochures, flyers, and posters
- Educational materials
- Reports and publications
- Event and fundraising materials
- Digital content and marketing
The coordinator will work to ensure that designs are consistent with EduSpot’s branding and messaging, and are adapted to a variety of audiences and platforms.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Create strong and compelling visual designs for various media, including print, digital, PowerPoint and email communications
- Create visual concepts and graphic designs for public relations campaigns and/marketing purposes such as brochures, annual reports, pamphlets, flyers etc.
- Support with social media content creation, and video editing.
- Partner successfully with the communications team to understand EduSpots’ communications objectives and then translate into effective and compelling creative design
- Maintain project workflow processes to ensure on-time delivery of deadlines
- Consistently apply brand and style guidelines
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience
- Extremely proficient in image editing, digital animation and illustration software such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Extensive knowledge of print, electronic, and graphics media
- Superior artistic and design skills
- Video editing and social media content creation abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Three years of related experience
Personal Qualities & Skills
- A genuine commitment to educational equity and community-driven change.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail (ideally including strong proofreading skills)
- Proactive and able to work to maintain a high standard of performance with minimum supervision in an impact-driven environment.
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to build strong working relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, with an openness to new ways of working.
- A team player with a belief in the value of collaborative approaches to learning.
- A strong personal affinity with EduSpots’ mission, vision and values
- Experience of working with an education NGO
- Experience of working in a multicultural team
- Volunteer experience and commitment.
- Bachelors degree
Please send a tailored covering letter and CV addressed to the Chair, Miss Cat Davison, at email@example.com by Monday 30th October with a hope to meet shortlisted candidates for a first-round interview shortly thereafter.
For further information please see www.eduspots.org or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also follow us on social media – @eduspots on Twitter and Facebook
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time in consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of the role.
EduSpots is committed to the safeguarding of children. Appointment will be subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post.