After consulting with many leaders and volunteers from across our different ‘Reading Spots’, we have decided to formalise the way in which we recognise the incredible work ongoing across our communities!
From January 2019, volunteers will sign up officially with local Reading Spots leaders, who will then find a position that matches their needs.
After completing 15 hours of voluntary service (as monitored by the local leader), they will be presented with a bronze (represented by colour blue) t shirt, along with a matching certificate! When they reach 40 hours of service they will move to the ‘silver’ level, with 100 hours of volunteering in a year for the ‘gold’ level!
Those who reach the golden level will be celebrated at our annual conference in the summer. We all also continue to acknowledge the work of exceptional volunteers at this point through an awards ceremony!
The t shirts in their blue form have been hugely popular amongst our volunteers who have been spotted posing in them all over social media! We hope that this investment will also help volunteers to raise awareness of the resources provided by the Reading Spot across the wider community.
These are the key locations where volunteers local to the projects are welcome!
- Abofour (contact: Joseph +233246122281)
- Akumadan (contact: Adu Carlos +233570433738))
- Asemkow (contact Amoah +233248783120)
- Bolgatanga (contact: Gertrude +233508890169)
- Bosomadwe (contact: Francis +233541752665)
- Donkorkrom (contact: Godwin +233265095542)
- Ekoso (contact: Francis +233243571594)
- Ekumfi (contact: Kobina +233241132560)
- Metsrikasa (contact Livingstone +233540808242)
- Kalpohin (contact: Stephen +233240723870 or Ali +233542713303)
- Savelugu (contact: Nimatu +233546995151)
- Taffo (contact: Patience +233240728001)
- Tamale (High Standards) (Contact: Prosper +233206138814)
- Tease (contact: Mark +233240196697)
For all general enquiries please phone Francis, our Ghanaian Manager, on +233243571594.
Cat Davison, December 2018