EduSpots Ambassadors Network Coordinator
Hours: 10-14 hours a week, flexible (with hours ideally split across the week)
Location: Working remotely but ideally Ghana-based
Renumeration: Competitive, dependent on experience
Start date: ASAP
EduSpots is a small UK and Ghanaian registered NGO which connects, trains and equips local volunteers to create transformative educational opportunities through education spaces named Spots. Together, we are creating a movement of voluntary community educators. Visit www.eduspots.org for further information ahead of applying.
Since 2016, through working with over 250 local volunteers, we have supported nearly 50 communities in creating community-led education centres named ‘Spots’, with an aim to move them towards our ‘Dream Spot Model’. Our Ghanaian team creates collaborative learning opportunities through our Ignite and Community Leadership in Development Programme alongside offering training to lead our EduLit, EduKidz, Ignite Girls and EduSTEM clubs alongside locally designed education projects. We won the Tes International Award in 2018 for the best UK international education project and in 2021 our Founder was a Finalist in The Varkey Foundation’s Global Teacher Prize, supported by UNESCO.
In 2023, we are continuing to strengthen our existing Ambassadors’ network. This is a group of people who are keen fundraise for, support and promote our work, building on the strong school and organisational partnerships we have already established in the UK and Ghana. In the process, Ambassadors extend their knowledge of community-led development, also strengthening their own leadership skills.
About this role
Our Ambassadors’ Network draws together students and wider individuals who are keen to support EduSpots’ work but are not in Spot communities. We would like our Ambassadors to support our work by fundraising, leading book and resource collections, and through promoting our work and online education opportunities online.
This role would suit a strong communicator, with the energy and passion to draw people towards supporting EduSpots’ model of community-led education and build long-term partnerships. They will ideally need to understand how to liaise with educational institutions in the international as well as Ghanaian context and understand how to bring people on board with our work and attract meaningful support.
The Coordinator will need to have strong design, IT and social media skills, with the ability to market our work. They will be able to work efficiently remotely using online tools such as Zoom, WhatsApp, and Canva with confidence, thriving in working in a fast-paced, fast-growing organization where expectations and ambitions for our communities are high.
In this role, you will be managed by the Head of Communications and Partnerships, and also work closely with the UK-based team. You will manage a Peer Mentor who will support in providing mentorship to Ambassadors.
Note that all communication with Ambassadors is currently online rather than in person. You will need to be comfortable with working fully online from your home, able to work independently.
These are the key areas of responsibility:
Executing the strategic plans for the Ambassadors’ Network:
- Marketing our Ambassadors’ Network on social media and elsewhere
- Creating weekly action ideas for Ambassadors.
- Leading the recognition system for Ambassadors.
- Tracking Ambassador engagement and creating strategies to improve engagement.
- Regularly updating the Ambassadors’ Handbook.
- Creating social media, website and newsletter content to profile the work of Ambassadors.
Communicating directly with Ambassadors
- Leading an engaging and informative online induction process for all Ambassadors
- Mentoring Ambassadors 1-1 to enable them lead meaningful change for us, managing the Ambassadors Network Peer Mentor in this process.
- Creating the design work for weekly Ambassadors action ideas, and quarterly Ambassador challenges.
- Opening educational opportunities to student ambassadors such as our Empowerment Sessions and online courses.
- Sending weekly emails to Ambassadors and managing our WhatsApp group.
- Supporting online opportunities for Ambassadors to share their work
- Motivating all Ambassadors, sharing good practice, and building a strong sense of community across the Ambassadors network.
- Ensuring our safeguarding strategy is implemented effectively
- Supporting all staff team members with the successful delivery of their roles and taking on other tasks as required to meet organizational needs.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to energise people of all ages via WhatsApp, email and on social media.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to create positive working relationships and motivate staff, volunteers and a range of stakeholders at all levels.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work consistently to maintain a high standard of performance.
- Strong social media and IT skills (office suite and google drive), and basic design skills (Canva) with the ability to learn quickly.
- A team player, able to work proactively with individuals across the organisation to advance the work of EduSpots.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Flexible with the ability to react to change and be adaptable.
- Ability to create and foster a culture of respect, honesty and commitment to our values and organisational aims.
- A strong personal affinity with EduSpots’ mission, vision and values with a genuine passion for educational equity and community-led development.
- Experience of working in a multicultural team
- Volunteer experience
How to apply:
- Please send a tailored covering letter and updated CV addressed to the Chair, Miss Cat Davison, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 17th April 2023. We hope to meet shortlisted candidates for a first round interview shortly after this.
- For further information please see eduspots.org or follow us on social media – @eduspots on Twitter and Facebook
Note that due to volume of applications and staffing constraints we may not be able to contact all those who are unsuccessful and cannot give feedback on applications. Please assume you are unsuccessful we do not contact you by the end of April 2023.
EduSpots is committed to the safeguarding of children. Appointment will be subject to an enhanced child protection screening appropriate to the post. Please note that you may be required to provide additional documentation as proof of your identity and qualifications. Note that we reserve the right to appoint before the deadline, should we find the right candidate.