Please drop books off at the following collection points:
- The Solefields carpark, Sevenoaks School from 8-8:30 on 2 March, and 4-7 March.
- Brighton College School (by 9am on Friday 8th to the Burstow gallery)
- At Marlborough College in boarding houses before and after half-term
The books will be shipped directly to communities in Ghana, and unpacked by our pupils and Ghanaian volunteers this Easter.
We may also be able to help with collecting books or paying for transportation.
We’d particularly love to receive:
- Children’s fiction/non-fiction (children’s books with pop-ups, noises, etc are always popular!)
- Dictionaries (in English and in other languages – French is often studied).
- Encyclopedias and atlases (again, recent is preferred)
- Science books (these are in particularly high demand)
- Any educational resources (eg abacuses, shape boxes, spelling cards, posters, stationery etc.)
- Excellent quality and fully operational laptops and mobile phones.
- African books, or donations to allow us to supply our projects with African fiction and much-needed text books (here’s the link to donate to this cause: www.justgiving.com/reading-spots).
We request that the books are:
- In good condition, or new (we will check everything that comes through).
- If non-fiction: books should ideally not be not older than ten years old.
- Not textbooks that are specific to UK syllabuses; they are simply not read.
Any questions at all, or to join in do get in touch with Cat Davison.