EduSpots has run a Peer Mentoring Programme since 2021, with the aim of enabling existing experienced Catalysts to share learnings with the wider network in specific roles that also aim to advance their own professional development, network engagement, and impact at their Spots.
We are delighted that since 2021, 4 staff have transitioned through from the Catalyse or Peer Mentoring programme into staff roles.
As part of the ReIgnite Programme, 7 Peer Mentors (who are drawn from existing Spot voluntary Catalysts) have been trained in mentoring skills and role specific knowledge and skills. This will enable them to:
- To advance the leadership, education and wider mentoring skills of a core group of our most committed Spot volunteers (Catalysts)
- To provide Catalysts with people to assist them in their work who have lived experience of our Spot Model and programmes, also encouraging collaboration across the network.
- To provide a recruitment route between the Catalyse Programme and the EduSpots staff team, also giving Catalysts a launchpad into other NGO roles.
Across all these roles, Peer Mentors will have the opportunity to work closely with the staff coordinator for each strand, serving as a long-term remunerated internship.
- EduLit (managed by the EduLit Coordinator)
- EduKidz (managed by the EduKidz Coordinator)
- EcoSTEM (managed by the EcoSTEM Coordinator)
- Ignite Equity (managed by the Ignite Equity Coordinator)
- Ambassadors Network (managed by the Ambassadors Coordinator)
- Communications (managed by the Head of Communications)
- Volunteer engagement (managed by the Programmes Manager)
You can read more about all our Peer Mentors on the staff page here.