Volunteers are at the heart of the EduSpots network. We cannot pursue our educational vision without them.
This form and page is for volunteers who are already part of our network, and have had a discussion with a project leader or a member of the EduSpots team. Firstly, please read this code of conduct.
Volunteer Code of Conduct:
We know that by volunteering with us, you are generously donating your time, skills and effort; however, certain responsibilities and codes of conduct must be upheld at all times.
- Once you are selected as one of our volunteers you are required to complete the “Disclaimer Form” below. The disclaimer form is required to relieve EduSpots, its staff, our international partners and anyone involved in the project from any kind of liability in the case of unforeseen incidents such as accident or loss of properties. We will, however, take maximum caution in regard to your safety and security; you also have a duty to report any hazards that you notice at any reading spots venues.
- We expect volunteers to embrace and embody our core values with everything they do as a volunteer. EduSpots’ core values are: sustainability, locally driven, transparency, integrity, critical reflection, global collaboration.
- Accepting money without consulting EduSpots management in return for the role you fulfil as a EduSpots volunteer from anyone including community members is not accepted.
- As a volunteer you have an obligation to protect confidential or personal information in relation to beneficiaries, staff, other volunteers and other organisations.
- All requests from members of the media for comments/information should be politely directed to EDuSpots management. This will ensure the accuracy of all information given to the media and help to maintain good relationships.
- Smoking and drinking are not permitted on the EduSpots premises and volunteers are not allowed to consume alcohol while on duty as a volunteer.
- The use of illegal drugs is expressly forbidden whilst you are a volunteer with EduSpots. You will be asked to leave the programme if you are found to be involved in such activities. Any volunteer found to be engaging in criminal or illegal activity in the workplace will be referred to the police.
- Be responsible and accountable in the way you perform your role. Be fair and treat everyone with respect and dignity. You must be punctual, reliable and accountable. You are required to adhere to the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- No private relationships (very close and/or sexual) with pupils who use the Spot will be tolerated – even for students over age of consent.
- You must not under any circumstance make any promises of grant or support to anyone in the name of EduSpots without discussing it with EduSpots management in advance.
- It is up to you to ensure all of your belongings are accounted for before leaving the EduSpots facilities. EduSpots will not be responsible for any loss of property. However, if you notice something missing and suspect theft with established evidence, please inform management and we will help to pursue the matter.
- Please behave appropriately at all times when acting as a EduSpots volunteer. This includes, but is not limited to: your clothing, use of language, discussion topics, use of social media, and treatment of all community members. They will see you as a role model. Your relationship with beneficiaries should remain professional at all times.
- This regulation/guidelines/rules is not intended to be a legally binding contract between us and may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of either party. Neither of us intend any employment relationship to be created.
- EduSpots has the right to end your volunteer position without notice, for unacceptable behaviour.
- Do be flexible, patient, polite and friendly. Take the initiative, stay open-minded and think outside the box. And most importantly HAVE FUN!
Please also read our Child Protection Policy
Please also read the rules for our WhatsApp Group here, where we also have consent form for pupil ambassadors.
Thank you once again for choosing to be part of the EduSpots movement! We are so grateful for your support. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact EduSpots management at email@example.com.
To sign up officially to be an EduSpots volunteer (having already been in touch with a particular ‘spot’ leader), do click on this link:
Note that for each volunteer signed up, we will give 5 cedis to their spot, to be spent on text books with receipts sent to our Finance Officer firstname.lastname@example.org or +233540500282.