Every two years, we intend to hold a national conference for our Project Leaders, to enable them to have a space for collaboration, sharing ideas and meeting like-minded individuals. In …read more
Ignite is a formal support programme to train and engage over 250 of our wider network of volunteers in their Spot communities. Ignite will advance the skills and knowledge of local people and build sustainable community capacity that will translate into improved educational provision for children and young people at their Spots. This both fills the gaps in educational provision and resources, helping to reduce the inequality gap, whilst also empowering volunteers as active citizens of change.
A few Impact slides from our Ignite Academy
Watch the report of the Ignite training Academy in Elmina which was featured on Joy News:
Watch the report of the Ignite training Academy in Akumadan which was featured on Joy News:
Access the Ignite Programme guide for volunteers here: EduSpots Ignite Programme Volunteer Guide
Volunteers enrolling on IGNITE will choose one or two of five action strands:
- EduLit Kidz (Early Years Literacy)
- EduLit Clubs (Junior High School Literacy)
- Ignite Girls (Female Empowerment and Gender Equity)
- EcoSTEM (Environmental Sustainability education and practical science)
- SpotOps (focused on advancing Spot management and community engagement)
All volunteers will be offered:
- A thorough induction process at a local and organisational level, including a volunteer handbook
- A range of in-person training in child protection, female empowerment, literacy and STEM education leading to community-led activities through our 5 regional conferences.
- Staff mentoring, peer support and networking opportunities
- Bi-weekly empowerment sessions and online courses, alongside other opportunities based on their interests.
- Opportunities to apply for STEM & literacy resources, alongside flexible grant funding.
- Recognition for their work and support with references